Exploring The Pros And Cons Of Invisalign Treatment
Posted Date : April 30, 2015
Everyone wants to have a perfect straight smile but for most people it’s more about looking good. As a result many of them are surprised when their Battersea dentist tells them that properly aligned teeth can significantly improve their overall dental health. It stands to reason that a perfect smile can’t exactly be termed as ‘perfect’ if it’s not healthy. The good news, however, is that Invisalign not only results in a confident smile but it also reduces the chances of a patient getting tooth decay and gum disease. That said, as with any type of Battersea orthodontics there are pros and cons to the treatment. So, let’s take a closer look:
- Discreet – Invisalign is a system of treatment which works by gradually moving the teeth into their correct position using a series of aligners. These aligners are made from clear plastic and are virtually undetectable to the naked eye. The most obvious benefit is that they move the teeth quicker than traditional braces and the only person who needs know you’re wearing them is your dentist.
- Removable – Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removable and as such must be removed for eating and drinking. They can also be removed for special occasions such as a photo shoot or job interview.
- Easier to clean teeth – Since there are no wires, bands, or brackets which can trap particles of food, Invisalign make it easier to keep your teeth clean. The aligner can be removed in order to brush and floss the teeth thoroughly, after which it can be placed back in the mouth. This means that patients can maintain a good level of oral hygiene, lower the build-up of plaque, and reduce the risk of tooth decay. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case with traditional braces.
- Comfort– Invisalign aligners are made from smooth comfortable plastic with no sharp wires to dig into your gums or the side of your cheeks. In addition, since they exert less pressure to move the teeth, you’re less likely to experience discomfort, pain, mouth sores, and ulcers such as with traditional braces.
- Not everyone is a suitable candidate for Invisalign braces in Battersea. Since they don’t exert as much pressure as other types of braces, they’re not a good fit for those with major jaw alignment problems and orthodontic issues.
- A patient choosing to undergo Invisalign treatment must be totally committed to wearing their braces. In order to achieve the best results they must commit to wearing them for at least 22 hours a day, seven days a week, only removing them to eat, drink, and clean their teeth. Failure to do so, can result in disappointing results.
If you’re seeking an orthodontist in Battersea, then why not give Glow Dental a call on 020 7223 7096 and arrange a free consultation. We offer a wide range of clear braces in Battersea, including Invisalign, and can discuss your best options. For more information check out our website at www.glowdental.co.uk.