Healthy Gums in Battersea
Looking after your gums is just as important as looking after your teeth, and without routine cleaning, gum disease can occur. These are the stages of gum disease:
- Red and swollen gums that bleed when you brush them are a sign of a type of gum disease, gingivitis.
- If gingivitis is left untreated it can develop further into a type of infection known as periodontitis, which affects the entire area surrounding the tooth, causing discomfort and difficulty when eating.
- Eventually this kind of infection can lead to tooth loss and may require extensive procedures to replace the missing tooth.
Fortunately, this can be avoided by attending regular check-ups and hygiene visits at the practice and maintaining a good daily hygiene routine. Brushing between the teeth, flossing and replacing your toothbrush when needed will also benefit your gum health.
- Minimised risk of tooth loss.
- Reduced risk of developing tooth decay and need for fillings.
- Fresh breath.
The best hygienist I have ever had. Thank You!! See you in 3 months – I will do all my homework – flossing etc!
Gina. May 2012